Thursday, December 20, 2012

One giant leap for musician-woman kind

One giant leap...of faith, of endurance, of nerves.

That is what I have done, sweet friends.

A little less than a year ago, I set out with a musician friend to write and produce music that we could both be proud of. Since then, we have created 12 songs, an official CD for release soon, endless laughs in the studio, an official music video, a song publishing company, and the possibilities are endless as to where this is going end up.

Today, I have submitted my resignation at my day job. (Insert the obvious jokes about NOT quitting your day job here.) To some who have been in the music business for years, this seems to be an obvious thing to do. I have never been able to embark on this passionate, dramatic pursuit of music so vigorously before, so I do so with some nervousness but also with total and complete exhilaration! This has been my dream for my entire life. To do this wholeheartedly with nothing holding me back. Now I am!

Thankfully, I have wonderful people in my life who are strongly and passionately encouraging me to do this, not discouraging. My family, friends, and wonderful people like you who are reading this are what's motivating me and keeping me on this path. You are helping whether you know it or not with each and every comment, like, and post you leave for me every day.

When I think of all of the places my life could have ended up to this point, this was definitely not even in my wildest dreams. And I have you, my family, my friends, my supporters, and my listeners, to thank for it.

Here's to another leap of faith...the one that has now changed everything in the course of my life forever one way or another. Thank you for being a part of it.

Love, music, and hope for the future!
~Andrea

2 comments:

  1. great stuff. If you want top notch free CD mastering services, let me know. I'll make you best mix sound twice as good.

    timothygetsmail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim...We already used a mastering service but I'll keep you in mind for future projects. ~Andrea

      Delete